We are a transparent re-homing facility with a mission to help homeless cats find new forever-homes. Our cats come from different shelters, organisations and people in need of finding a new home for their furry friend, from all around the country.
Today we mainly collaborate with the non-profit organisation Djurens Chans. They help homeless, neglected and unwanted cats to be placed in temporary emergency homes. They stay there until they are ready to move in at Java Whiskers or moving directly to a new loving home.
When you’re interested in a cat
- Come visit Java Whiskers and meet the cats, you can book your slot here.
- If you have found a cat you wish to adopt, send a registration of interest to Djurens Chans here.
- Where it says “Har ni hittat någon katt på vår hemsida som ni är intresserade av? I så fall vilken*? ” write the name of the cat that your are interested in and additionally Java Whiskers. e.g Nemo – Java Whiskers
- Djurens Chans will go through your registration of interest and contact you if they believe you are a good match for the specific cat.
- Djurens Chans will book a phone interview with the potential new owners.
- After a successful interview we schedule an appointment for you to visit the cafe and the cat.
- After that we do an evaluation and decide if you are the right match.
- When it has been decided that you are the perfect match for the cat, you will have to secure the adoption with a booking fee to Djurens Chans.
- The final adoption and pick-up of your cat will take place at Java Whiskers on a scheduled appointment. Pick-up only takes place at Mondays and Tuesdays.